P0300 won’t go away!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drive to Nevada, buy a universal cat at Summit Reno. Get it installed. Bribe the inspector if needed at the next CA emissions inspection, 'cause you're probably not going to pass if you don't--no CARB certification paperwork.

This does not get better, in fact it's in the process of getting MUCH WORSE. Until Libttaard politicians get thrown out of office for Treason, what's good will become bad, what's bad will be more bad, and what's terrible will become normal.

Or just buy legal cat(s), and avoid the hassle.

1998OBS

Reaction score
I’ll start a GoFundMe page for two catalytic converters. Everyone who commented just send $5!

1998OBS

Reaction score
Just an update: I won’t leave anyone following this post in the dark, once I figure this out I’ll definitely post what it was…

Right now I’m throwing:
-P0300 multiple random misfire
-P0155 O2 sensor heater element

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now I’m throwing:
-P0300 multiple random misfire
-P0155 O2 sensor heater element
Did you ever determine if the P0300 is real, or false because the scan tool won't report individual cylinder misfire?

Time to screw in a fresh O2 sensor. When that was me, I put in all four.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Did you ever determine if the P0300 is real, or false because the scan tool won't report individual cylinder misfire?

Time to screw in a fresh O2 sensor. When that was me, I put in all four.

I threw a heater code a couple years ago, sensor wasn't but a year old. I fixed it with a hose clamp, the ground lug solder joint failed.

You must be registered for see images attach

1998OBS

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Here’s some new:

I connected a scan tool to it and found out that cylinders 7 & 8 are both misfiring simultaneously. I don’t know how to read the rest of the info but here it all is for anyone who’s more familiar with it. I did find a vacuum leak at the EGR valve and corrected it, not misfiring as bad as it was but still getting a P0300, the O2 sensor code went away without any change there other than correcting the EGR vacuum leak…

Attachments

• 374ADAF6-6FAF-432E-8C9D-E1BE7BD2BE0D.jpeg
    374ADAF6-6FAF-432E-8C9D-E1BE7BD2BE0D.jpeg
    346.3 KB · Views: 9