Ordering gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aloicious - the tool your referring to is called a pinion depth tool, extremely expensive, and from what i hear makes setup a fawking dream, but of course its not needed

yeah, thats the one, could not for the life of me remember exactally what it was called.

OP, if you do a good job inspecting the gear contact pattern, you don't need the depth tool.

as far as the TQ wrench goes, you're right, though you can also use a good quality pneumatic wrench (one that can do at least around 500 ft/lbs, I wouldn't trust a harbor freight gun), just don't go crazy with it, you can't just back the nut off if you overtighten it with the crush coller on there. just do short bursts with the gun and check the pre-load between each burst.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i thought you could do it that way too, i had a tq wrench that big to use though so i went with it. but you still have to do it crefully.