Opinions on Glowshift, MotorMeter, etc gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just as the title states.. im working on acquiring all the gauges. Instead of buying a premade kit, for almost 1k. As it stands now i should be in around 350ish. Also letting me do it my way and retain all warnings.

does anyone have experience wifh the following brands;

hypertune (seem to be a generic glowshift)
glowshift (seem to be solid quality)
dragon / gearzarr (also generic glowshift)
motormeter (seem to be on par with glowshift

so far, from my customer service aspect, motormeter has really gone far & beyond for answering any Questions, acting like they understand the product they sell. It has been broken english but they have sent several videos, even explaining how to set the speedometer odometer to current milage. i did some research on them and they are my top pick rite now

glowshift has answered questions, and i do like there gauges, but the 7 color (white in particular) is a faded blue basically, and the obnoxious glowshift logo is on every gauge.. im shooting for a solid white backlights.

hypertune are D I C K HEADS! any question i ask is a very stern and short answer. Often, with no explaining, after i ask specifics on a gauge / ohms, etc.. a quick NO is sent, or get no response at all.

the dragon / gearzarr, customer service has been helpful, but after some ressearch, looks like over time the led backlight burns out. No real review on gauges not working,

here are my main concerns. the sensors / senders.

Glowshift fuel is a programmable fuel level, has loke 6 settigns. With of course 0-90 ohm being one. and recommend using there sensors for oil & water. However the oil gauge with sensor is almost 100$. Twice the money as fuel, volt, & water. Customer service states its the way there sensor is made.

motormeter seems to understand the gmt400 platform, and said original sensors / wires can be used, and will program a fuel level of 0-90.

At this point, its between the motormeter & glowshift, both around same price point. I guess im just looking fir any input primarily betwen those two.. anything else i should ask about. Oh, fwiw, 93 k1500 with a 5.7 tbi.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fwiw this project is gona take me several momths as i will be buying as i get spare money / building cluster on tabletop then installing once all gauges finaly arrive.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'll have to get a pic, but the white background on my glowshift gauges look like a clean white. They default to blue, but I was lazy and only hooked it to switched power. I think they save your chosen color with constant power, but I'm not certain. The trans temp gauge tracks perfectly with what the OBDII data shows.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 2 of the glowshifts in my 95. Haven't had any issues with them. I just have a boost and fuel pressure gauge. If I select the white like supercharged it is a nice clean white. If you hook up to constant and switched power it will save your color choice. Supercharged just needs to run another wire and his will save to what ever color he chooses.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 2 of the glowshifts in my 95. Haven't had any issues with them. I just have a boost and fuel pressure gauge. If I select the white like supercharged it is a nice clean white. If you hook up to constant and switched power it will save your color choice. Supercharged just needs to run another wire and his will save to what ever color he chooses.
You just cleared up one of my biggest concerns about GlowShift gauges, my buddy has had them in all of his trucks and they all suffered from getting reset.
Following this thread a little further, but in everything I've seen so far doing my own research GlowShift is a pretty reputable, stand up company.

I would love to go with the Auto Meter factory match gauges, but they're a bit too steep for me right now,

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have analog air pressure glowshift gauges in my dually and had digital boost and fuel pressureon the turbo bike before I switched to an AEM failsafe. Both styles work great, no issues from either.
As stated constant power keeps your color choice.
Off
You must be registered for see images attach

On
You must be registered for see images attach

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will have to run a constant already; if the odometer is switch driven, the trip meter will reset back to zero after ignition off. I plan on using a toggle to kill the circuit when i do want to reset trip.

Airmanwoody

Reaction score
I had some glowshift gauges over the years. I had one that randomly switched colors, other than that, I had no issues with them.