Onstar panel re-purposing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would probably look for the sunglasses holder if I were you. I keep a set in my truck in there, and they come in handy.

If you don't want to do that, I would probably be sneaky and make those buttons into some kind of kill switch for the ignition. Not even sure if that's realistic, but it would be cool.

Let's say you get out of the truck, push the onstar button, and it makes it impossible to start the truck by disconnecting the ignition circuit. Push one of the other buttons when you get back in, and it reconnects the circuit or something. Like I said, maybe that's just me being paranoid because of the theft rate where I am (one of the worst areas for car theft), but you have to admit, no one would ever figure it out. It might be kind of a pain to have to go through that process every time, but hey, at least it's peace of mind.

Otherwise, if you have any other switches you're adding, you could probably just cut the holes on that piece to fit your switch/button, and make it look semi-factory.

^^^^this!!

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, I forgot about this thread.

Notice the date of my original post and the date of the second post :)

I have the sunglasses holder in my truck now, it just won't shut all the way with my glasses in there so I thought about switching it out. I think if I need it in the future I will probably just replace the buttons with switches and install it then. I don't really need any switches now, maybe in the future.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Wow, I forgot about this thread.

Notice the date of my original post and the date of the second post :)

I have the sunglasses holder in my truck now, it just won't shut all the way with my glasses in there so I thought about switching it out. I think if I need it in the future I will probably just replace the buttons with switches and install it then. I don't really need any switches now, maybe in the future.

While it may not hold your sunglasses, it will hold your reading glasses (once you get older). I know.