Ok, I am aware of many tail light LED posts....however..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamAirDave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
most of them are outdated.

I was looking on Ebay...anyone think the G2 type that are on there are like the Anzo's??

I want a good set that wont crap out on me.

looking for red Tinted. There are some nice ones that have the 2 led's on the side of teh board and then the rear facing...that is the ones I am curious about. Anyone running them?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What makes 'em G2? I did a quick search and the ones I pulled up didn't seem any different from the ones over the past few years.

Got a specific link we can look at?

I've got some of the Inprocarwear tails, they cost quite a bit more than the typical ebay LED tails but I got them because I thought they looked slightly better. No generic round reflector in the top, they have sort of an octagonal one. The reverse lens has kind of a 3D style to it too. Has the marker LED's in the side like you described. They come in 21 and 44 LED versions; I got the 44's. Color is a dark red tint, not too dark, but definitely a deeper red than OEM.

You must be registered for see images attach

I like 'em OK I guess. For the money, I wish they were brighter.

Richard

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a set on my '95 off eBay and they were like the ones you described but smoked. Never leaked or got condensation in them. All LED's worked fine in the year that they were on the truck. Took it off road once and never missed a beat. If you have LED's in your front turn signals just be sure to get some resistors or an HD LED flasher unit!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
^^ Those are the kind I see everywhere I go. Just saw a chrome/smoked set, otherwise exact same LED layout and reflector, etc. and one row of the LED's was completely out.

Richard

Coveman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't had any trouble with these so far (two years now), but know that LED quality / longevity can vary widely. For instance, I've been through several of the LED tailgate strips since I got these tail lights.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015PTTZ6/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You must be registered for see images attach

I also added LED back-up light bulbs to them. Like them a lot

I would also recommend these. Had these on my truck for well over a year now and haven't had a single issue, probably my single most pleased with purchases I've ever made for my truck.

SUPER bright, these things will literally make reflective stop signs light up from blocks away. I had one friend tell me to get dimmer taillights... I have these as well as ANZO's LED turn signals in the front and theres no hyperflash, they have flashers built in and everything. Couldn't recommend them more.

This being said, I think theres a trick to purchasing the correct pair of taillights.

On their website, there are two pairs of taillights that are non-tinted and LED, with different Part#'s.

For example, this is the pair I purchased: http://www.anzousa.com/chevy-gmc-pi...92-98-escalade-99-00-l-e-d-t-l-red-clear.html

and then theres these ones:
http://www.anzousa.com/chevy-gmc-pi...my-92-98-escalade-99-00-l-e-d-t-l-g2-red.html

I dunno what the difference is, but the chrome reflectors around the LEDs look slightly different in the pic and their #s are different, so maybe they're two different lights?

Either way. I've had amazing quality and reliability out of mine.

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats a good price, I looked at my local auto parts store and they were aver $500

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I dunno what the difference is, but the chrome reflectors around the LEDs look slightly different in the pic and their #s are different, so maybe they're two different lights?
The 311004's are the "G2" OP asked about, the reflector around the LED's is round instead of hexagon shaped, and there are more LED's. Looks like 24 per housing instead of 17.

Richard

RamAirDave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine installed the other day, very happy. Very bright and can tell a big difference when signalling or braking. :)