Ok guys, not a GMT 400, but thinking about buying it... Vortec 350 swap??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I never really thought about a trailblazer chassis. Im really thinking about just fixing it now. From the research iv done so far, looks like its got a "silver diamond" 220 I6 (100 brake hp), 3 speed on the column, and a semi-float rear end with more than likely 3.73 gears. Iv not seen it in person, but it looks to be in decent shape other than the drivers door. Looks like the biggest problem is that iv been unable to find a source for main and rod bearings for the engine.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never really thought about a trailblazer chassis. Im really thinking about just fixing it now. From the research iv done so far, looks like its got a "silver diamond" 220 I6 (100 brake hp), 3 speed on the column, and a semi-float rear end with more than likely 3.73 gears. Iv not seen it in person, but it looks to be in decent shape other than the drivers door. Looks like the biggest problem is that iv been unable to find a source for main and rod bearings for the engine.

Try egge machine.

http://egge.com/kit/ihsd220mearly/

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yup and failing that, hit the newsstand and pick up a copy of Hemmings Motor News, go through the suppliers in there. Those old IH's have always been hard to find parts for; friend of mine had a '63 Travelall (think: Suburban) many years ago and while it was a great truck he always had a battle when it came time to get parts.

Richard