Vortec 2200 swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I've always been interested in that 70's Cadillac EFI system, not much is out there about it and I haven't seen one which still runs it.

Did not know you could get a 307 "HO" in one of those. I drove one of those Cadillacs with a 307 once, thought it was a turd. I've always wanted a 1990-1992 with a TBI 350, never got one and now their values are just as stupid as the Panther cars.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've always been interested in that 70's Cadillac EFI system, not much is out there about it and I haven't seen one which still runs it.

Did not know you could get a 307 "HO" in one of those. I drove one of those Cadillacs with a 307 once, thought it was a turd. I've always wanted a 1990-1992 with a TBI 350, never got one and now their values are just as stupid as the Panther cars.

I was going to convert it to the more modern 93-96 TBI PCM. The old analog computer was not adjustable for anything. I was just going for the manifold and fuel rails.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only "expert" I know of for the mid-70s Cadillac fuel injection system is Bruce Roe.

Last contact info I had for him was [email protected].

He also invented and sold an electronic controller for the switch-pitch TH400/425/300.
I used the TCC output as a switch pitch controller on the 500 Cadillac I used a TPI computer to run. 500 MPFI /TH425 switch pitch in a 10,000 lbs hot rod with a kitchen sink.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The Vin 9 307 Cadillacs are out there. It may have been an engine availability thing. The 88 I had was built in Detroit in 87. I have always been told many if not all of the Detroit built 88s had the Vin9 and the Arlington built 88s had the VinY. Not sure if that is true or just legend. Literally the only difference was the cam, ECM chip, carb, and transmission calibration/converter anyway. I tried to find more information when I owned that car, but there were no clear answers.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, guess not much of an "HO" engine, but I feel those 307's needed all the help they could get. Something neat to keep in mind though, as I've never seen a seller of a 307 powered Brougham list theirs either way. It's always just "307" if they describe the engine at all, along with an inflated price tag. Given that the 350 TBI option exists with the 1990-1992 model years (albeit uglier face), those are the most desirable model IMO. Doesn't seem to be a price difference either.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I was going to convert it to the more modern 93-96 TBI PCM. The old analog computer was not adjustable for anything. I was just going for the manifold and fuel rails.

Were they reliable though? I've never seen one in the wild, let alone photos on the internet. Lack of survivors suggests that they weren't..

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I just lucked out and found a Buick road master with the 5.7 lt1 with an ok body and 100k miles fir 1100 bucks. Wife let me buy it. I'm not even sure the year yet lol. Should make a great work car to keep my suburban out of the salt. 2 miles to x way and 45 miles of highway and 1 mile to work. Should do mid to high 20's running to work. I didn't expect to find one that was decent and cheep