Oill pressure wiring diagram (1998 k2500 5.7L)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I need a wiring diagram for the oil pressure circuit on my 1998 k2500, manual trans and vortec 350. Any time the key is on the gauge just pegs past 80 psi. The sending unit is new because it was broken during the engine install. Any help on the issue would be greatly appreciated. Also, it has a 3 wire sending unit and the fuel pump runs properly.

98_k1500

Reaction score
I still have not got it fixed. If you could find out which pin on the back of the instrument cluster is for the oil pressure gauge, that would be very helpful.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
I'll check my 97 service manual when i get home.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
i didnt get a chance to check the manual (dealing with teenager angst is fun), but, from what I have found the wire should be tan (no stripes). Will try again tonight to check.

98_k1500

Reaction score
I it is a tan wire and i have been told it grounds to 0, open to full peg. I have not had any help to ground the wire at the sending unit and see what the gauge does. It could just be a bad sending unit, even tho its new. I have no idea if this was a pre-existing problem or not, the truck did not have an engine in it when i got it.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
It's a tan wire on pin 15 of the cluster. Goes from sender to dash cluster. Inside of dash cluster it splits. One branch goes to the oil gauge, the other to the check gauges lamp driver.