oil sender problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I got a little to happy cutting unneeded wires for my swap, and cut the oil sender plug off, and left the old distributor plug (woops) now the wires for the oil sender are mixed with a bunch of other wires and some of the same colors. I found the wire that goes to the cluster, and I think the other two wires go twords the old ecu. Were do the other two wires go? There orange, light brown, and a darker brown and its the lighter brown going back to the cluster I think. Any help would be great.

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i did the same thing. the lighter brown should go off towards the drivers side. the orange a believe is tied in with the fuel pump relay under that cover on the passenger side. where the fusible links are. i think the dark brown also goes there? get a Chiltons manual dude. i've had one (and a haynes manual) for almost as long as i had my truck. and they never came more in handy then when i was doing the wiring for the swap.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I got it sorted out. Will find out when the new motor goes in I recon.