Oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My oil adaptor that bolts to the side of the engine has had the gaskets replaced twice now and is still leaking. It is a manual 350 with the oil cooler like it would need for an automatic. It leaks around the top seal where it mates up to the engine block. Any ideas?

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Mine was leaking like a sieve. I replaced the gaskets and was done with it. I can only imagine you've pinched the gasket in there somehow or theres dirt in there holding the gasket up and its seeping through. Replace them again, clean up the area around it until you can almost eat off it haha, that's how I like my gasket/mating surfaces to be.

Unless your oil leak is a little north of that, and it's draining down on to it.

carguy383

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem. I have replaced mine 3 times. the most recent i cleaned the hell out of it and "goobed" it with high temp silicone thinking that there was no way it could ever leak again. But here I am having the same problem again and not sure what to do. I will probably be tackling it again this weekend i hope. I have noticed it usually takes mine a month or so to start leaking again. I am starting to think my adapter is cracked or something but that really doesn't seem logical.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you clean ALL the old gasket off?

I know it seems so simple, but I had a HELL of a time getting 100% of the old gasket off. It was stuck on there really good around the very edges, and around the holes. Run your fingers around there, it should feel perfectly smooth, no texture, no unevenness at all.

If you're sure all the old gasket is off, it's either a gasket/O ring problem, or you may have a cracked/warped housing, like mentioned above.