Oil Cooler Line replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

largebucket

Reaction score
need help, pulled lines off to have lines made(no plastic clips)forgot to look at which line goes where.On filter adapter there is a in and out which one goes top the top input on radiator?

Snotrocket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you using the same clip on style as you took off? They're just going to leak again if you do.

I know they make a kit for the diesel engines that eliminates the problem. I'm sure there must be one
for the gas trucks.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have had nothing but trouble out of those factory oil cooler's and in fact I have removed them off of 8-10 truck's and just installed the regular bolt on spin on filter adapter that most SBC's use

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah mine were the same way, they leaked like a *****, plus I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but on a several truck's that I have owned with an oil cooler when you start it cold it takes several second's before you get oil pressure and you can hear a little engine rattle for the same few second's that there is no oil pressure, and when the cooler was removed I got almost instant oil pressure and no momentary rattle.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Yeah mine were the same way, they leaked like a *****, plus I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but on a several truck's that I have owned with an oil cooler when you start it cold it takes several second's before you get oil pressure and you can hear a little engine rattle for the same few second's that there is no oil pressure, and when the cooler was removed I got almost instant oil pressure and no momentary rattle.

I was going to replace my lines and hope they dont leak, I like the idea of an oil cooler but I'm starting to thing they arent worth the trouble .

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same here I liked the idea, but with the issues I had, I just said enough is enough.

largebucket

Reaction score
no i had lines made up at local hose shop. straight line from filter adater to the radiator swivels at each end for easy install.just cant rember which line went where (out or in going to top or bottem input on rad.)