Offset rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I recently ditched the stock rims and got a set of aftermarket ones, there still 16x7 but the offset is -16 I think, is that a bad offset to run? I like the stance, its pretty much even with the fender flare

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Yup, a little increased wear on the unitized bearings due to loading on one edge more than the other.

Now, we're not looking at them failing next week. It cuts service life off your bearings is all.

For example, they may wear out in 50,000 miles instead of 100,000. Those are only number picked out of the air to illustrate a point, not actual estimates. The point is they won't last as long as if they were properly loaded.

If you're ok with wearing them out a bit sooner than they normally would, don't worry about it.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup, a little increased wear on the unitized bearings due to loading on one edge more than the other.

Now, we're not looking at them failing next week. It cuts service life off your bearings is all.

For example, they may wear out in 50,000 miles instead of 100,000. Those are only number picked out of the air to illustrate a point, not actual estimates. The point is they won't last as long as if they were properly loaded.

If you're ok with wearing them out a bit sooner than they normally would, don't worry about it.

Thanks, ill just keep an eye on them every oil change, not sure how old they are

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk