OEM mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a question.
Are the '95-'98 tilt columns & the non-tilt ones the same internally?
Can a non-tilt be modded to tilt? Is it as simple as pulling that outer cover off, removing whatever locks the non-tilt in position & adding the position lock release mechanism? That'd be too easy! Besides, if it was that easy, I'd think more people would of done that by now.
I know that there were some stick trucks that came with tilt, (2500/3500's) but I haven't found one yet! I'd really like to have one in my '97.
I'd like to keep the same column I have & mod it, rather than swap out the whole thing. I can find ones for an auto all day long. Don't know if an auto one would require a bunch more mods than what I'm already looking at. Only way I'd do a swap is if I could find a factory one for the stick.
I can't see GM manufacturing 2 different columns for these trucks, other than one for an automatic & one for a stick. Although that'd be the same basic column. But then, I haven't seen a schematic that shows the dif.'s.
Anyone have any experience doing this?
Buy a tilt column and delete the shifter would probably be the best way IMO

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone done a Sun visor swap out of a suburban? Like the ones with the lights in by the mirrors?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Has anyone done a Sun visor swap out of a suburban? Like the ones with the lights in by the mirrors?

I have some out of a Tahoe.. They are grey though so I haven't installed them :/

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Are they in good condition?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

not anymore. I cut the wiring harness off (because I wasn't going to wire the lights and they were in the way) before I realized they were the wrong color

deej-79

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Just did mine last week. The holes for the inner holder bracket is in the metal roof already, just have to locate them through the panel.

deej-79

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not anymore. I cut the wiring harness off (because I wasn't going to wire the lights and they were in the way) before I realized they were the wrong color

They wire shouldnt be in the way, just feed it into the hole. I dont plan on wiring the lights on mine because, well, I'm a man.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWPreston1969