odd steering issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
my steering pump leaks constantly, ive replaced the hose clamp and it still does it, cut the line and reflared and it still does it, im lost ive actually starting shoving trans fluid in there cause i can get a big jug for cheaper than power steering.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Probably the reservoir o-ring. I would look for a junkyard pump with bracket attached. They can be a MAJOR pain to have to get the pulley off of and back on.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thats a pump without the reservoir.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
its not the one on the steering box, its the one coming off the power steering pump that goes to the cooler, its hosed clamped on from factory they are just a compression ring

98_k1500

Reaction score
I bet its leaking between the pump and the reservoir if the line is in good shape.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Or the hard line coming off the reservoir is cracked where you can't see it.

Richard

98_k1500

Reaction score
I would suggest a junkyard pump with the bracket already attached over a re-man pump from the parts store. I have not had good luck with them, and after doing a little research, seems nobody else does either.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
really? we bought a reman pump for a 98 and its till holding up strong, not many junkyards seperate pump saround my area, like if you want the pump you have to buy the brackets and all accesories, sometimes the whole motor