OBS door hinge repair kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I'm not talking about replacing the pins and bushings, this kit is actually to overhaul the worn out hinge pin points but it ain't cheap. I know some folks are just welding the pins to the hinge after taking out the bushing where the hinge has been ovaled out over time, but I don't want to do that especially since my paint work is all done.

Has anyone seen another kit that is similar to this one but cheaper!

http://andyz28.com/catalog.htm

You must be registered for see images attach

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Never seen that, but for $450 it better make the door shut like new!

Sent from My padded cell using tapatalk 2

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Never seen that, but for $450 it better make the door shut like new!

Sent from My padded cell using tapatalk 2

I know it's unreal, I just want to see if there is anything else out there because I got to do something my drivers door is getting on my nerves!

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
for that price i could buy quite a few of those step bits and have a machinist make up a awful lot of those brass bushings

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I wouldnt buy the kit for that money, but if you were to just get the pins and then drill out the holes and put the pins inside tube stock to act as shims and make the pin bigger? mabye weld it so it dosent move
I havent done mine yet but this is what I was thinking when it comes time

Or mabye theres somewhere we can get larger diameter pins?

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I wouldnt buy the kit for that money, but if you were to just get the pins and then drill out the holes and put the pins inside tube stock to act as shims and make the pin bigger? mabye weld it so it dosent move
I havent done mine yet but this is what I was thinking when it comes time

Or mabye theres somewhere we can get larger diameter pins?

This is how I was thinking when I was looking into repairing the upper hinge on the drivers door on my k3500 but then I got looking at the other damage on that door and have since decided to get a different door shell...might still look into using small diameter copper pipe as a sleeve to correct the current door.