Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Glad I picked today to discover this post. Looks great, definitely the motivation I needed for mine. The next time you come to Alabama I’d happily pay you to transport an intact dash. The southern sun does to interiors what y’alls salt does to bodywork.

Also as far as wheels go I added two of my set ups with the same(ish) color truck. Total lift 4-6in. Both sets of tires are 35’s the bullet holes are r16’s the others are r18

If I ever get the chance to pull a dash, it’s possible. I’ve never done one before and don’t know if I could without breaking it.

Thanks for the comments guys. We just got back from upnorth today and I spent a few minutes swapping out the license plate & back up lights with LEDs.

I have a window tint appointment in a couple weeks so that will be the next big thing. I’m in awe of the paint on this truck now lol. I can’t stop staring at it.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Things have kind of quieted down for the most part. I’m scheduled for window tint in 2 weeks so that will change the look a lot. Plans are to have the bed LineX’ed in July and then a nice tonneau cover. I’m saving up for a 6” BDS lift so I’m hoping to have that installed toward the end of the summer.

Sounds like it’s going to be a crazy summer because we decided to build another house lol. More on that when I see progress, but there will be a 30x40 detached garage all for the truck to sit in.

So for now, all I have is this. Scraped off the faded Arctic Cat decal last night. My dad put that on shortly after he bought the truck in Winter of 1999 so it saw its share of the weather. It definitely cleaned up the back window.

You must be registered for see images attach

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it’s 1:30 am, but I finally got a chance to get on here. I finally was able to pick the truck up yesterday and let me say, the photos absolutely do not do it justice. The body and paintwork on this truck are amazing. He knocked it out of the park. It’s everything I could have imagined and more. Hope you guys enjoy the few I was able to take before I pulled it in the garage, I know I do!!

Congratulations, you probably own the nicest looking GMT400 in the Midwest.

Now I'm going to start a new thread called "Plans For 98BlackSierra's Murder [So we can buy his truck at a discount from his widow.]"

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I think you should blackout the side markers to match the taillights (Is that legal?).

I've thought about it because I've done it in the past on my Sierra, but the taillights are already illegal so I won't be doing the sidemarkers lol.

The taillights are only temporary until I purchase a new set of aftermarkets and then I'll be going with a new set of clear side markers. Dave smoked the OEM taillights so they wouldn't look like complete **** until I get new ones. They definitely look good in person too.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Well here she is. Turned out absolutely perfect if I do say so myself. Waiting on my historical plate to arrive now so I can start regularly driving it.

Also bought a cheap bullet antenna from Amazon for the time being to replace the faded factory one.