OBS console = hate it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
was that a stock option or is it an aftermarket option? I have seen some of those on Ebay they are a whole separate jump seat unit but OEM out of newer ford ad chevy trucks I dont think any would mount and line up acceptably for my buckets...damn this situation

Well I've seen it in like 3 of the trucks at the junkyard, 2 were brown vinyl and 1 was red velour and none of the trucks were special models that I know of. But I also have seen what look like near exact clones in the aftermarket, I don't remember seeing the brand name, but the local performance shop had a complete 3-pc front seat assembly in grey leather, which as far as I know, wasn't an option for that setup. So the aftermarket has that I guess as an upgrade for stock, the price for the whole assembly was $1995 installed, it was also full power, heated, all the options. They had a basic version that was available in leather but with no power anything for $995 installed.

Most times, ya just gotta drill new holes in the floor....my 94 yukon last had the same setup(or similar) as the OP, and the bench from a 94 single cab wouldn't even fit in it, passenger side front bolt hole was offset on the seat frame. It'd be nice if they made everything easily interchangeable.

192Darkhorse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That look's good, I also like the 99 and up nbs console, just the center part, I intalled one in our obs burb and loved it.

How was the height of this when you installed it was it high enough to rest your elbow on? Also if the center console from a 99+ nbs would fit between obs buckets does that mean a nbs jump seat would also fit in that space?

Or would that just be ridiculous?

I have also been toying with the idea of taking my current obs console relocating the hinge to the back so it opens upwards and then fabbing up a pad for the top of it that would sit at elbow height and be comfortable...just tough for me justify dropping $300 w/ shipping for one of those ford consoles