OBS console = hate it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

192Darkhorse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I am fed up with my OBS console I have too wide of an elbow stance for the armrests and find the console way too low and frankly not very attractive or useful.

thinking of either a bench seat swap or going the way of rusted_shut from FSC and throwing and f150 XLT console in its place....thoughts / feedback much appreciated

You must be registered for see images attach

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it actually looks great. Thanks for posting the pic too because now I know how the black material on my door panel will look!

192Darkhorse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
They make it in a gray / dark gray combo that closely matches the interior of a gray OBS

as far as mounting rusted_shut did a bucket conversion from a bench tahoe so he never had an original console there but he just has sitting on the floor and he said he hasnt moved since he put there months ago but from the looks of it mounting it would be easy?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That look's good, I also like the 99 and up nbs console, just the center part, I intalled one in our obs burb and loved it.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Loving the 8-ball... I got one hanging on my Hurst shifter in my truck

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i might do some shopping and see if i can find one of those ford consoles

i want a different console, those have great storage and still look good and dont look "cheapy" or homemade

and they have 2 actual cupholders...not 1 1/2

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I worked on a 2011 ford f150 and It had a sweet console with heated, cooled and lighted cupholders. it was sweet but it went up to the dash, dont know how to make that work
http://www.carshowp.com/2011-ford-f-150-harley-davidson/
the one I worked on was just like this minus the big Harley Jazz, personally Im not a fan of Harley but im sure I could slam a different emblem on there

192Darkhorse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah dude that console is badass...I dont really like what ford has done with the exterior styling of the new F150 but the interior is pretty sick got to hand it to them on that one...I like the maroon leather harley interior especially

as for the console I have also considered this an option...essentially the same as the first one I posted but longer....I was thinking pull the shifter and wire in a power mat that sits flush with the top so when Im bluetoothing pandora to my head unit it could be sitting there charging haha.......biggest concern is not sure what to fab to cover that front.