OBS console = hate it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yuck, why would anyone want to sit with their feet in a hole? Give me a clear floor and a bench seat any day! I don't like the new cockpit interiors.

You must be registered for see images

192Darkhorse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
dude i hear you i think im like the only guy in the world thatd rather have a 60/40 bench in my obs than my console problem is finding a decent bench seat in good shape is damn near impossible or they are clean but 500 +200 shipping. Ive been trying to find folks that might want to trade because my seats and console are in excellent shape but its dead out there hahah

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
dude i hear you i think im like the only guy in the world thatd rather have a 60/40 bench in my obs than my console problem is finding a decent bench seat in good shape is damn near impossible or they are clean but 500 +200 shipping. Ive been trying to find folks that might want to trade because my seats and console are in excellent shape but its dead out there hahah

One of my friends just offered to do that trade with me. He'd rather have the 60/40 bench so women can sit closer to him. ;)

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I prefer the 60/40 cause sometimes you gotta have the room to stretch out:hump:

192Darkhorse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my friends just offered to do that trade with me. He'd rather have the 60/40 bench so women can sit closer to him. ;)

haha that is another legitimate reason why I like the bench better too pulling your girl close under your arm in the middle seat :evillol:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, my fave console is the one that folds up into a seat. When folded down it's got the cup holders, storage area, etc....also the seat pan lifts up and has another storage area under there. It's also an independant/separate unit, so it doesn't require other seats to move it and such. It even has rails so it's adjustable forward/backward. The only downside I know of is it's only available in like 2-3 colors and 2 types of material. As far as I know, it's in the 95-99 models.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I prefer the 60/40 cause sometimes you gotta have the room to stretch out:hump:

guess you dont have a manual trans... mine always got in the way

I liked my 60/40 more than my bench as far as comfort but I like the look of my buckets w/o the headrests. gonna get some 72 chevy truck buckets soon

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Nope no manual trans, and the split bench is all the comfort and luxory of buckets with the room of the bench

192Darkhorse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, my fave console is the one that folds up into a seat. When folded down it's got the cup holders, storage area, etc....also the seat pan lifts up and has another storage area under there. It's also an independant/separate unit, so it doesn't require other seats to move it and such. It even has rails so it's adjustable forward/backward. The only downside I know of is it's only available in like 2-3 colors and 2 types of material. As far as I know, it's in the 95-99 models.

was that a stock option or is it an aftermarket option? I have seen some of those on Ebay they are a whole separate jump seat unit but OEM out of newer ford ad chevy trucks I dont think any would mount and line up acceptably for my buckets...damn this situation

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope no manual trans, and the split bench is all the comfort and luxury of buckets with the room of the bench

yep know what your saying... nothing like a blanket in the back though