O2 senser

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevan.gibson.9

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I got a 1994 chevy silverado I have 1 o2 senser I want to delete it with out throwing a engine code any help would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The O2 sensor is necessary for the ECM to properly read and adjust the air/fuel ratio and keep your engine running properly. Deleting it would only make the truck run poorly. I would leave it alone.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
You don't want your engine to run too rich or lean, which can happen in the absence of an 02 sensor. I would personally recommend to keep it in the truck - why did you want to remove it anyways?
And as far as I know you can't take it out without triggering a code because a bad O2 sensor (or none at all) should automatically trigger a code - I could be wrong on this and there may be a way to keep it from coming up other than continuously clearing the code but none that I know of.

kevan.gibson.9

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Becuse I'm geting new exhaust so figure it's ganna tell me it's flowing to Freeley and mess up so I was ganna try to delete it

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're thinking of downstream O2 sensors that are on the Vortec and later trucks. Those are installed after the cat to check the catalyst's efficiency and make sure that they're keeping emissions within factory parameters. Your truck doesn't have them, so don't worry about it. The one you have is, as I said, necessary for proper engine operation and won't be affected by a new exhaust.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

kevan.gibson.9

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok well thank y'all very much I figured it would mess up with the exhaust flow bein to great

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Nah, it needs to be in there to measure air to fuel ratio, the exhaust flow just helps the engine breathe better.
Ironically I've got an 02 code in my truck right now but it's not the 02 sensor causing it and it's a pain to figure out what it is (theres tons of possibilities from bad fuel mixture etc etc)

SierraVortec

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my 02 sensor threw a code the other day when it was really cold..po2041 so I cleared it and the SES light stayed off..however the "CAT" icon is flashing on my obd2 reader and it is kind of hesitating..help please