o/h console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this came out of. It is in my 94 !!! I am not sure but guessing maybe a s-10 !!Help--need to know so I can do some other things with it !!! Thanks; I need to know if I can put an dic in the front part of it and also from an s-10 or !!!!

Last edited:

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
It's from a Suburban or Tahoe. If it was from a truck or S-10 the front hole would be smaller.

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply !! Do you happen to know what d.i.c. will fit in there that will work !!!

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
As mentioned, that is a console out of a sub or 'hoe. Not to fear, you can install 2 1/16" gauges as well as switches in there.

Just wired up mine last night.
You must be registered for see images

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks awesome but I have a pillar pods already installed !!! Is there anytime of clock or/temp setup that would fit in there !!!

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
When you make your own parts... the sky is the limit. If all you want is temp and/or clock, ebay is your friend. As mentioned the s10 DIC will not fit, even if you try to make it fit, it won't look right with a filler panel.

Here's a thermometer in blue that reads in either Fahrenheit or Celsius. There are many different ones in red, blue and green. However if you are handy electronics and soldering, you could make it any color you want. :headbang:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2M-DC-AC-12-24V-Blue-LED-Digital-Car-Gadget-Thermometer-DS18B20-Sensor-Probe-F-C-/390694062492?pt=US_Weather_Meters&hash=item5af72e499c

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Suburban didn't have an over head DIC. They had HVAC controls in that location.

The smaller consoles in the GMT400's didn't have a dic either. You can install an s-10 style on in an oh console as long as it has the "us/met" button instead of "mode" and the console has the right sized opening. You will need to wire it and use the right air temp sensor for it.

If your truck was OBDII you would have options for other DIC's, but you are obdI so you're stuck with installing an s-10 temp/compass unit or doing something custom.

just like was mentioned in your other post on this same issue: http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?21666-o-h-console-info

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks ; I really just didn't know which o/h console I had(have). Now since I posted a pic I know and everything makes more sense !!

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those overhead consoles also came in crew cabs and had a blank off piece instead of HVAC controls. I have one in my '94.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, that is a console out of a sub or 'hoe. Not to fear, you can install 2 1/16" gauges as well as switches in there.

Just wired up mine last night.
You must be registered for see images

Where did you get the plate and switches and what are the switches for ? I want to do this!!