NV4500 Manual Swap into my 4-dr Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had no idea first was so low. I gotta see this.

Green95Hoe

Rollin in tha big hoe
Reaction score
Well **** dood. You work 5 minutes from me. You best come down and check it out this weekend. Actually the rebuild kit came in the mail today so ill be balls to the wall Wednesday after work tearing into it. You should come by.

Green95Hoe

Rollin in tha big hoe
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a bit since ive been online. Looks like ive missed a bit. Unfortunately ive been swamped at work and the weather hasn’t been so cooperative up here in New England. Last time I posted I was at the point where I knew I had to perform a rebuild. Things continued to go wrong in tune with every other part of this project. There are apparently some special tools that are required to do a rebuild. Specifically a big deep socket to get the mainshaft nut off of the GM models with a damper. I also found one specific gear that was pretty haggard and most likely the cause of the problem.

Pretty much in a move of missing my truck and convinced going further with that particular tranny was going to lead to more headaches and lost time, I just decided to buy another one. It took nearly a week to find a boneyard that had one in equal or better condition and had the granny gear. Yesterday I brought it home and started the cleanup. The replacement 4500 is now ready for transplant. Of course as with everything else the weather isn’t co-operating. Now we are due for another 3 days of rain and since this project is all being done outside ill have to wait. Here is a pic of the replacement unit all ready for transplant.

Also im left with a brand new rebuild kit that im not going to use. If I do end up doing a rebuild on the original 4500, it will be a complete rebuild with all upgraded parts. If anyone wants my rebuild kit let me know. Id really love to get the cash back on that sale.

Worn gear inside:
You must be registered for see images

Tranny #1 and Tranny #2

Tranny #2 cleaned up and ready for transplant

The rebuild kit for sale. Shipped to your door for 180.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh man you have the worst luck. Loki is still very cute though.

I'll call you this week.

Phil

Nonsense.
Reaction score
Well **** man, Saturday is looking to be a beautiful day. Hows about tharf and I come down to take a peak at this thing? We can grab some grub and drinks as well at some point. It's been a while.

Green95Hoe

Rollin in tha big hoe
Reaction score
Hells yeah.. Get your ***** down here. I should have it in before the weekend and ill just be tying up the loose ends by Saturday.

Ill fire up the grille and maybe light the bonfire. Maybe even let you guys run the quads around.