NV4500 Manual Swap into my 4-dr Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hm...... oh you roll backwards in neutral? Damn didn't see that ditch behind the truck.

BoominSVX

Reaction score
not yours.. green95hoe's!!

so, if you dont mind me asking, how much do you have in the entire swap?

Lol, not if it magically disappears from the garage and ends up in my truck before he gets home tomorrow. I can deal with a little grindage for a little clutch action. I'll just zip tie the t-case on and take up the drive shaft slack with some bubble gum.
:evillol:

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
Lol, not if it magically disappears from the garage and ends up in my truck before he gets home tomorrow. I can deal with a little grindage for a little clutch action. I'll just zip tie the t-case on and take up the drive shaft slack with some bubble gum.
:evillol:

pshh.. buble gum? come on.... jb weld fixes everything!! if its broken, it fixes it.. if it squeaks, it stops it.. even though it might not work anymore.. but it dont squeak anymore :p

Green95Hoe

Rollin in tha big hoe
Reaction score
I gotta figure I spent about 2 grand once it was done. Although this is assuming I see the second tranny I have for what I bought it for. It could have been done for half that but im typical Beerad fashion, I chose to replace alot of things along that way so that I wouldnt have to deal later. Here is a quick vid clip my buddy took of me. Ill get something much longer and better quality up soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6EGMocUm7Y

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
that looks like fun.. a lot of people think i am crazy, but i miss driving a 5 speed as a daily driver.. automatic transmissions are so boring.... so i may be lookin at doing something like this sooner or later, but i wanna do the 6.0 swap too...... hrmm.... 6.0 and 5-speed......:evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol:

Silentkillzr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sick, time for me to start collecting my parts, My 700r4 is about to toast, clutch packs are so bad theres a 5 second delay in shifts. never misses a gear tho!