November TOTM Submissions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Howdy guys!
As some of you know I was picked for October Truck Of The Month (TOTM) for submitting a picture of my Daughter working on my GMT400. The subject was You or Somebody else working on YOUR truck.

For November the subject will be
I worked for ____ long so I could do _____ to my GMT400​
Basically I'm looking to find the guys that worked their ass' off and improved/modified their truck.
I can relate to this in many ways seeing how I'm in a Semi from 8pm to Noon (the following day) Monday through Saturday in an effort to make my GMT400 MINE. Set it apart from the crowd, make it shine, light it up (LEDs) and totally customize the interior (in the process).

SUBJECT: So lets hear your stories-
1. How long did you work to do a specific MOD or Customization?
2. How did you make the $?
3. Did you do trade work?
4. Did you perform it yourself?
5. Future plans. How long will it take you to do it?​

So to be clear- Answer the above questions and submit pictures of what you did.

Last edited:

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from. But what kind of pictures are you looking for, subjects give us an idea of what to take a picture of.

For example, a subject like 'flexing it out' or 'stuck' or 'next to a stock truck of same color and body style'.

Please elaborate.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from. But what kind of pictures are you looking for, subjects give us an idea of what to take a picture of.

For example, a subject like 'flexing it out' or 'stuck' or 'next to a stock truck of same color and body style'.

Please elaborate.

Roger that. I'll update OP.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took this truck from my mom when I was 16. While in highschool I did the little things to make it my own like debadging, color matching, and detailing like every other week to keep it nice and shiny. After high school I went off to college and had to be away from my beauty for a whole year. I worked 72 hour weeks all summer and still work 48 hour weeks while going to school. Ive paid for everything myself and had nothing done by anyone profesionaly. woody2drtahoe helped me install my 2" body lift that i bought from 94K1500Blazer. My truck has surely made a transformation done on a small budget and some blood sweat and tears. Heres a list of mods that I have done with all of my hard work.

-Painted dash and interior pieces
-Traded my old single din for a double din pioneer. Custom trimmer dash and installed this week
-Lifted for about 200 bucks and traded a months worth of work to my uncle for the wheels and tires
-Full LED interior compliments of MOBS from gmt400. He is the best
-4500 hids from ddm
-Smoothie chrome bumper
-Home made intake made out of a caddy air cleaner,pvc,and k&n filter

Soon to come- Dual exhaust (hooker long tubes that I picked up from the factory. "scratch and dent"= ripped packaging=$160 :)

Here she is
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dam no story :(... my 04 pt cruiser turned into what i have now though... traded it straight across for the yukon then straight traded the yuk for the W/T lol

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This summer/fall I worked tons of OT at my day job while I built an engine and swapped a 5spd in my truck. Took me from June-Sept to get it all done thanks to so little free time, but every single cut, weld and bolt was done by yours truly and it's out on the road again...with appx 100 extra hp and another gear and pedal. 14BSF locker is up next, but that will be cake compared to the engine/trans/tcase swap.

Early June - Late September:
Built 9.7:1 Vortec 357 TBI w/ roller cam conversion
NV4500 5spd & BW4401 tcase swap
Hydroboost conversion
Fabricated custom exhaust
Tuning the OBD1 computer

There are a lot more pics & info in my build thread.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?5829-Woody-s-Black-Z71-pic-history

You must be registered for see images

When I got the truck, it was a grandpa mobile with lots of stupid chrome. I took care of that shortly after. haha

Last edited: