Not sure anymore...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94GMCK1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Datalog that captures the engine bogging might lead to some results.

There could be a crispy wire somewhere that stops working when hot. All electrical work is resolved the same way and to quote a guy from another place, its eeeezzzyyy you just have to physically check all the wires.

One of your new parts may be working incorrectly, or installed incorrectly, or physically fits but is wrong for the vehicle. All cheap junk parts are suspect.
Yesterday I removed the cap, was curious how it looked...Also wanted to test the ignition module which I did today... It failed completely... Upon further deeper inspection I was taking note of how original the actual distributer looked... I also was checking wiring which appeared to run from ignition switch to ignition control module then out to the rest of the electrical it goes... So anyway, got a new distributer that's getting put in Monday due to weather in my area... Crispy wire ? Yup, I keep that in the back of my mind while I looked it all over...

94GMCK1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update on the truck.... It's running with having the transmission and lines along with the cooler hot flushed... Transmission itself was completely rebuilt, price tag was 2450.00 with a year warranty... Best deal I found in the area....
It's due for plugs, wires at the moment so that'll be done after I get an issue figured out... Have another thread for that one....

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a question. you can beat on, power brake, abuse, etc. a $50 k race engine/transmission and break stuff. What is the goal here?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't get , understand power braking. Just seems like great way to burn up rear shoes drums, and early u joint failure. Huge torque load, stress on transmission, engine mounts.