Noob from Texas Panhandle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redneck_toy

Reaction score
Hello from the Texas panhandle!
I'm not new to motorsports, but am new to GMT 400's.
I'm a lifelong gearhead, 45 years old, married 22 years, with two children, 19, and 16. Im a member of pirate 4x4 for 15 years,and i enjoy cigars and pipes. I cut my teeth in the rock crawling world with Toyota pickups. After 15 years of extreme rock crawling, my wife was involved in a severe car accident, rolling a pickup on a snowy road, and rupturing 4 vertebrae. After her surgery, I decided to sell the rock crawler, and focus on something more milder.
We bought my son a 1994 ext cab 4wd pickup for his first truck. It was a retired farm truck, but still in pretty good shape. A few years later, he decides he wants a newer truck. I bought him a little 2004 chevy shortbed 2wd,4.3l.
I took possession of said 1994 with a worn out front end, bad valves, 186k miles.
Fast forward 1 year, I swapped in a new crate vortec 4 bolt main with the GMPP intake, bored throttle body, etc. Basically followed Brian's (from tbiparts.com) recipe for a tbi powered vortec. Rebuilt the front end, and a new 4l60e that grenaded 2k miles after the install. I recently swapped in an SM465 from a 92 3/4 ton. I'm a sucker for a stick. Anyway, I've found myself searching build threads here on a regular basis, so I thought I'd finally join.
Sorry for the long intro, but I'm very familiar with online communities, and the more you put in, the more you get out. I'm an active member of a cigar forum, BOTL.org as well

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like you have a nice truck! Post some picture when you get a chance, we like pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk