No turn signals....stumped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWick20

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a 1994 Chevy 1500 extended cab 4.3L. The turn signals will not illuminate in the dash or at the lights themselves. The hazards light up no problems.

I have replaced the turn signal switch, flasher, relay, and headlamp switch. The parking lights and taillights illuminate as soon as the truck starts and aren't activated by the switch itself which makes me think I have a bad ground somewhere. Any input?

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check your ground. Should be either spliced into the trailer harness or on its own circuit for the taillights. Bad grounds can do all sorts of crazy things.

AWick20

Reaction score
Yeah, I replaced the circuit boards and regrounded on the frame/ at the fender. I believe those are the only spots that whole circuit is grounded and still no change.

GaryCCR

OnlyBodyStyle enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same problem for my '96, it was a bad ground. Yeah, I guess check the fuse and the blinker relay? if you didn't yet.