No start issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well... now the world will never know why it won't start because i went to replace the fuel pump and one of the fuel lines were dry rotted so it split. And i don't have any way to replace that yet and I'm about to go to boot camp so it will be awhile. Thanks for all of your guys' suggestions though

A split fuel line might explain a pressure problem. You will definitely have other things to concentrate on in the near term. Good luck !

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when mine acted like that 2yrs ago @ the inspection station, they said that it was the crank position sensor & that they are known for it. needless to say, I didn't replace anything & it didn't do it again until 2 sundays ago. on Monday it started right up like always. I finally did buy a sensor last week, I also have do to do my fuel lines, they are very crusty looking between the tank & frame.

Reaction score
I had the coolant temperature sensor go on my 5.0L last year. Definitely made it harder to start once it was warm, but it still did. Then it ran like a bag of trash (flooding) until it cooled down again. Luckily it was winter, and it cooled quickly at -30 ... and work was close enough that it didn't get up to temp for the couple of days until it was replaced. Of course, that also threw the CEL, which I didn't see mentioned. Hopefully a new fuel line and pump is all you need. Good luck with boot camp!