No start and no shift indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

run96k3500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have already replaced the neutral safety switch. When I turn my truck to run the shift indicator disappears and the truck won’t start. If I keep the key in ACC and shift through the gears, the indicator displays correctly. However, in the run position, it doesn’t seems to work at all. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
More troubleshooting is needed before parts replacement but I would suspect your ignition switch, based on the symptoms. Sorry but I don't have a suggested path for that part - someone else may. My suspicion is based on gut feeling combined with your symptom description. :)

Richard

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have already replaced the neutral safety switch. When I turn my truck to run the shift indicator disappears and the truck won’t start. If I keep the key in ACC and shift through the gears, the indicator displays correctly. However, in the run position, it doesn’t seems to work at all. Thoughts?
What is the battery voltage?

What do you mean by "won't start"? Does it crank but not run, or does it not crank? HUGE difference in diagnosis.