No spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryce52

Reaction score
I've got a 96 c3500 with the 7.4l. I was driving and the engine just shut off on me. Since then I've replaced the fuel pump, found stripped gear on distributor so replaced that. I've replaced the CPS,CKS, coil, ICM and when none of that worked i replaced the ECM.

I'm sure this problem can't be unique to my truck, hopefully someone out there has had the same problem. I've tried just about everything i can think of, including running a jumper wire from the battery to the coil and nothing has worked. I've got a friend coming over with his Snap on computer later today, but just in case it can't diagnose the issue i thought i'd reach out and try to get answers from someone hat has the same issue.

Thanks

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have spark? What's your fuel pressure? Answering those two questions will drastically reduce the possibilities and limit the number of shells you need to load in that parts shotgun.

deve05

Reaction score
The post says no spark but you replaced a fuel pump?... I agree with Eric, if you haven't already you need to pin point what's missing in your engine for the bangs to happen....highly, highly recommend you get a repair manual involved... they're simple, straight forward, and a huge help with common issues.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk