No signal from ECM to fuel pump relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Channeled 91

Manic Mechanic
Reaction score
hello everyone;
I am having an issue trying to start my truck. The fuelpump relay isnt turning on. It is a new relay. I checked the wiring. The orange wire has power, but when I turn the truck over, the dark green and white wire from the ECM is not registering any power. It ran before. I am hoping it is not the ECM. There is no fuelpump / oil pressure switch, for I am running after market gauges.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you don't have the fuel pump oil pressure switch? It's a 2 wire switch (not a sensor) on the back of the engine near the distributor.

You must be registered for see images attach

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
hello everyone;
I am having an issue trying to start my truck. The fuelpump relay isnt turning on. It is a new relay. I checked the wiring. The orange wire has power, but when I turn the truck over, the dark green and white wire from the ECM is not registering any power. It ran before. I am hoping it is not the ECM. There is no fuelpump / oil pressure switch, for I am running after market gauges.

The year, model and engine would help a bit.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the grey wire needs to get power through the switch and the in-line fuse...

Channeled 91

Manic Mechanic
Reaction score
I believe the fuel pmp / oil pressure switch was removed and replaced with the Stewart Warner oil pressure sending unit.

My gauge arrangement.

Channeled 91

Manic Mechanic
Reaction score
reinstall the original OP switch with a Tee to run your new gauge and your problem will most likely be gone.

I donthave the OP switch. the gauges were swapped out before I bought the truck.

The dash that was init when I bought it.