No Power Grey Wire to Fuel Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM 15963584 Filler Neck Vent Tube has 4 holes, but mostly intact.
You must be registered for see images attach

They actually sell these on Summit, but they are about a month to ship. So I got some 5/8” I.D. fuel line hose, thin film of grease on tube, heated hose with heat gun and it went on. Not that easy, but it’s on and will not need clamps, it’s TIGHT! Obviously, for rest of its connections, will get clamps.

Nice fix!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
That's creative. I used grease the first time and I think I just used my homemade oil and wax concoction the second. If I were to do it again today, I'd probably use a lanolin spray....I have both Fluidfilm and the PB version.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's creative. I used grease the first time and I think I just used my homemade oil and wax concoction the second. If I were to do it again today, I'd probably use a lanolin spray....I have both Fluidfilm and the PB version.
Yeah, I saw couple YouTube videos of using toilet ring wax($2.00). Made a little tin foil cup and kept waving a propane torch at it to melt.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Probably a little overkill, but melted wax has a mind of it’s own. :Insane:
I would cover the entire top of the sending unit with your wax and then spray the hard lines with something to keep the rust at bay.