No Power Grey Wire to Fuel Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would cover the entire top of the sending unit with your wax and then spray the hard lines with something to keep the rust at bay.
Ok, I did. Especially where tubes go into top of sender, not that it would leak, but it is recessed around each tube and that potentially could collect moisture holding debris. This is a good sealer I believe because unlike regular wax that is hard, this stuff stays pliable. Regular wax seal would fail in time. Wiped some on each tube and connections too!
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question ... couldn't you just bomb it with spray paint?
I painted tank with Por-15. There was some type of wax material as noted by others. I’m sure I have more than it originally had, but it’ll never be seen and doesn’t hurt anything. If and when it gets replaced, most can just be wiped off.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I ordered a new GM 22591476. What I got was 22591475!!!! If I put that part number in GM parts sites, it only recognizes 22591476. It also didn’t say “Tighten Past 3 Clicks” on it, not that it matters, but made it more suspect. Sent it back, reordered and this one looks real. Packaging seems normal for GM part too.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe superstitions
You mean superseded?
I don’t see it there either. Physically looked different. Not really a shock to get a fake part these days.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
So I ordered a new GM 22591476. What I got was 22591475!!!! If I put that part number in GM parts sites, it only recognizes 22591476. It also didn’t say “Tighten Past 3 Clicks” on it, not that it matters, but made it more suspect. Sent it back, reordered and this one looks real. Packaging seems normal for GM part too.

Where did you order from? I need a new cap, and want an original. I ordered the GM part listed at Rockauto awhile back and I think it's actually a GMT-800 part that retroactively "fits" our trucks. It always keeps the fuel door popped open a bit, so I don't like it. Eventually I put the original back on, but I have to keep it loose, so it doesn't build pressure.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you order from? I need a new cap, and want an original. I ordered the GM part listed at Rockauto awhile back and I think it's actually a GMT-800 part that retroactively "fits" our trucks. It always keeps the fuel door popped open a bit, so I don't like it. Eventually I put the original back on, but I have to keep it loose, so it doesn't build pressure.
2nd one from Amazon, 1st was Amazon but from a private seller.