NFab side step impulse buy (K2500)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardSwinger

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my pregnant wife said she was having a hard time getting into the truck and gave me the green light to spend money on steps. I got carried away and went to my local off-road shop and pulled the trigger without much research other than skimming through here and people saying NFab was the go-to.

Now... Bottom line, the mission was: make it easier/safer for my pregnant wife to get in the truck. I'd say mission accomplished for sure. That being said, I'm definitely wary of how these things are mounted and wonder what the longevity of them will be.

Luckily I'm tall (6' 3") so I don't really need to use them; but I'm also a fat kid (~260lbs) so I'm going to be going out of my way to NOT actually step on my step bars [emoji1787]. When I spoke to the off-road shop I asked if they were frame mounted and the guy said he was 90% sure there was at least a partial frame mount. Absolutely not the case. Each side needed 6 holes drilled in the body at the pinch welds. I'm in the south and don't have to worry about salt and the body on this 23 year old truck is in darn good shape so that gives me some hope. There were a few non OEM holes from what was probably single steps put on and removed by the PO at one point that were rusty but not bad at all.

I'm going to try and brainstorm some ways to shore it up/make it a stronger connection some how. There is literally a foot between the frame and the end of the body so a connection there will be difficult. I dunno, I guess this is how people have installed nerf bars and running boards for years and it's good to go? The steps themselves are awesome, solid single piece construction, just wish they attached by more than 6 bolts and holes drilled 1/4" from the end of the pinch welds. At least it looks good though [emoji23]
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought these for my suburban. Theyve held up and haven't shown any signs of wear. I didnt use carriage bolts fyi and I put some cork pad between the metal and the floor as a cushion. Only complaint I have is the step is so narrow and can be easy to slip. They have a different squarish design I wish was available for these..... those seem like a better design.

Attachments

• 20210528_170728.jpg
    20210528_170728.jpg
    599.6 KB · Views: 23