Newbie Wheel Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99LongRoof

Reaction score
Hopefully im posting in the correct section. I recently bought a 99 Suburban LS 1500 4wd. I want to replace the stock wheels and tires. I like the Pro Comp Alloy Xtreme 5001 series wheels. They are 16x8, 6 x 5.5 bolt pattern, 4.5in bs and have a zero offset. Im not looking to have them stick out of the wheel well much, if at all. Do the specs of the wheel sound correct? Thanks

Last edited:

Mr_white_obs

Reaction score
Offset refers to how far much "in or out" the mount surface is from the center of the rim, measured in millimeters. The higher the number, the further the bolt surface is to the outside of the rim. (negative offset sticks out more, positive is more inset). i believe stock on these trucks is somewhere between +32 and +26, meaning that a zero offset rim will stick out a bit past the fender. i am currently running on rims with a +10 offset and it stick out about a half inch.