New shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
I put Monroe Reflex Monotubes on my 95 and Bilsteins on my Avalanche several years ago. Both are excellent riding and handling shocks IMO, although I do think the Monroe's are beginning to fade. However, I drive the 95 about twice as much and I paid almost half for them as I did the Bilsteins. YMMV

Sent from my Nintendo 64

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I just took Bilsteins off my truck They have about 75K miles on them, and are still heavier than the new shocks I put on. I put on KYB GR2s, which are supposed to be an OEM replacement grade, so they're not the equivalent of a Bilstein, but I figured with so 75K miles the Bilsteins would be about worn out. I cleaned up the Bilsteins and put them away in the garage.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another vote for Bilstein HDs here. All I run as well.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had rancho rs5000's on my 91 for 11 years now hah.. The truck mostly sits now but I've put some serious miles on them and everything a high school kid could do to abuse them in the day. A good shock in my experience.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im a bilstein fan myself and i sell rough country products. If you decide to go with rough country shocks i would recommend upgrading to the 2.2 series.