New shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So somehow one of my front shocks broke at the mounting loop... So I'm in the market for some new ones. Since I have aftermarket keys cranked 3" and 2" blocks in the rear, I was looking at the rough country 2.0 shocks but I am wondering if the 2"-3.5" lift shocks will fit my truck because the fitment says it will only fit trucks with the rough country lift kit, but I don't see how those lift kits would change the original shock mounts where they wouldn't work with my set up.. Any help is appreciated thanks

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
should fit, i have them and the back ones are really long so if they seem too long i guess they are supposed to compress some

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Do you like them? Did you notice any difference in tide quality when you put them on?

much stiffer than my crusty blown rear shocks haha, for the price i would look at pro comp es3000s my buddy had them on his z71 and they were softer but more comfortable

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put some pro comps on my 01 ram 2500 and it rode like crap, took them off and got some monroes and was happy.

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OEM, Monroe, Rough Country, Rancho, Bilsteins…I've run em' all. Bilsteins all the way, on and off road. But by off-road I don't mean rock crawling or anything. Just mild stuff.

Sent from my iOuternet using Tapatalk

camoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just measure your ride hight from eye to eye. For the shock mounting. Then measure full extension and measure your bump stop to axle. Then look on 4 wheel parts, for the shock that fits best.
I punched in my vehicle and cycled through all the options and there specs.
And chose the one closest to my lift.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Rock auto also lists the compressed and extended length of the shock, but you have to use the more info tab.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I'd recommend the bilsteins. They have longer ones for a truck like yours. There's a reason GM put them on the z71s.

Just my .02