new owner of a 98 2 door hoe. looking for advice and opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just picked up a bone stock and clean 1998 tahoe 4x4. Its being shipped here as I type. It will replace the 94 2 door that I have now. Anyway, can you guys give me some feedback on what small mods should be done to it. It has 125K on it.

Should I consider doing the spider injector upgrade when i have a free weekend?

Should I bother with a "tune"

should I do the electric fan conversion and if so then which fans and which controller

Any other small mods that are not a waste of money that I can do? Im new to the Vortec engine and I know it isnt much different then the TBI but its still new to me.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
if I am going to do that then I will do the spider injectors at the same time.

That'd be the best way to do it. You'd already be halfway there. Check my sig for all the mods I've done to mine. For just bolt on's it gets up and goes pretty good for a big ole' heavy truck.

I would definetly look into a tune. Black Bear Performance has a good reputation for working with these trucks.

Here's some info on electric fan install. Most people use the Mark VIII fan.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?10736-How-to-MarkVIII-your-OBS-on-a-budget-!