New outer door handles on 1994 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireball5657

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Currently my truck has the stock glossy black metal/plastic handles, they're cracked, they're scratched, and I've personally never been a big fan of the glossy look. From my understanding, the 95-98 trucks had textured handles, so how hard is it to swap over to the newer style? Is it just a simple bolt on, or will I need to get a new door lock cylinder and latch rods? Thanks.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Simple bolt up. All they did was change the texture. Im swappin to the 88-94 style on my new doors.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it was more than just the texture that was changed... Something about the bezel maybe? I swear I've seen @someotherguy and a few others mention that there were some other differences and you might run into issues swapping between the two styles.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m swapping to Kodiak handles and want to body color match so I’m going to polish/sand them smooth since all I see are textured.

maybe you could pull a set of the old style apart and have them powdercoated with a black textured finish?