New member from Maui

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drysquid

Reaction score
Howzit everyone I just registered on the forum. I bought my 1988 C2500 from a Contractor here back in 1996. It had been in a couple of accidents, one which I witnessed when a front end loader reversed into the side of the truck! It was in pretty bad shape but slowly over the years I have built it into a decent looking truck and a pretty solid performer. I have done too many mods to list but the biggest ones were installing a rebuilt stroked small block, swapping to a th400, dual exhaust, heavy duty leaf springs in the rear, installation of a flatbed, and swapping my Holley Street Avenger for the Holley Sniper EFI. I must say that the EFI conversion made a world of difference once I got the bugs worked out, which took me a year. This truck has been around for both of my wives, who have complained that I spend too much time working on it. That is true but it is my only hobby left since I gave up spearfishing. The next project I am looking into is swapping my original steel 16" rims for alloys. I really like the new 17" wheels on the new Silverados but I am not sure if they will fit. The 6 lug bolt pattern is the same and the wheel offsets are somewhat similar(17mm for C2500 and 24mm for Silverado). I have researched the internet but am still unsure. The part number for the rims that I like is #5098. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Glad to be a member and Aloha

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I think the bolt pattern is the same, but not 100% sure. I have seen plenty of 1500s swapped with newer rims. 2500 to 2500 should work I think.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! We like pictures of everyone's trucks(just saying!). Sounds like you have a good project, and it's cool to see people all over bringing these trucks back from the edge.