New LED third brake lights - close to stock!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This light arrived quicker than I was expecting. Ordered on the 20th, and got it today.
As promised, I temporarily mounted it up to check fit, and function...

You must be registered for see images attach

I think the brake light could stand to be brighter, but should still get attention...

The cargo lights look to be pretty decent.

Fit is workable on this regular cab, but definitely not perfect.

It also comes with a piece of 3M double sided tape, which might be enough to help seal it up.

The fact that they used 3M, and not some no name tape, to me is a good sign of some sort of quality.

Look forward to getting all my lights upgraded, and installing all at once.

looks good! Regular cab I presume?

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
looks good! Regular cab I presume?
Yes, regular cab

Looks pretty good @Stumpy! I'll definitely order one next month.
I think you'll like it.

EDIT - Was it plug and play or did you need to modify wiring?

Yes, plug and play. It even has way more wire length than needed, but there's plenty of room to tuck it in.

They supply small washers for your factory mounting screws too. The housing itself seems to be well made.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I just installed one of these as well. As stated the gasket fitment is not great but the 3M is sticky AF. Kind of weird mounting solution, I just attached the two sided tape to the back of the rubber gasket and to the truck. Not worried about it leaking really.

True plug n play. Quality seems OK. Light output seems good. Looks good.

Interested to see how long it lasts.

Sorry filthy truck.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I'll see if I can order a couple tomorrow, they look great! Way better than the single-row versions.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are aftermarket ones available for the Suburbans? I think mine is fixing to quit, it's not near as bright as it should be. Sure it's the original one....thanks

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just installed one of these as well. As stated the gasket fitment is not great but the 3M is sticky AF. Kind of weird mounting solution, I just attached the two sided tape to the back of the rubber gasket and to the truck. Not worried about it leaking really.

True plug n play. Quality seems OK. Light output seems good. Looks good.

Interested to see how long it lasts.

Sorry filthy truck.

Nice.I'll have to get one of these. Looks much better than my current LED chmsl. I had to silicone it to feel confident about it sealing. Rubber Gasket fitment is ugly AF on mine too. Had to clip the yellow wire to get it to work properly (nbd, but still bothersome to some)

here is the one I have:I would not recommend.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078HXJHK6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Forgot to mention I received two of these brake lights a couple weeks ago. They look really nice! Not as bright as my chrome Spec-D one, but still good enough for me. Light works exactly like the factory one. A tip I strongly recommend: silicone the screw holes and maybe the gasket just to be safe. I got water in one of them after a rainfall and had to let it dry. Ever since siliconing the screw holes and gasket, I have experienced no water getting into them.