New here....from Pittsburgh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Euphoria717

Reaction score
Hey, I am new here from the Pittsburgh area and I just bought a 1995 Chevy 2500.....Its in pretty good shape, but there seems to be a discrepancy with the VIN, the truck is 4 wheel drive, but anything I found online shows that the VIN shows it should be 4x2. The guy I bought it off of said that its all original, original motor and tranny, and nothing had been done to the truck. Can someone tell me if maybe this VIN could be a 4x4 VIN: 1GCGC24K8SE128649. I would appreciate it.

Looks like there is a ton of info on here and I know that I will have a lot of questions about the truck. Thanks

Ryan

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
:welcome: I used to have the VIN decoder website saved but dont any longer. Someone will be able to pull it up quickly for you. Enjoy the site.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That VIN is a two wheel drive. 5th digit is a C which means it is a C2500. 4x4 would be a K. The entire frame is different on the GMT400 trucks between 4x2 & 4x4. Somebody could have swapped a 2WD body onto a 4WD chassis.

The VIN decodes as:
1=US Built
G=General Motors
C=Chevrolet Truck
G=8001-9000 lbs
C=Conventional Cab 4x2
2=3/4 ton
4=Body Type - 2 door cab
K=5.7L TBI
8=Check digit
S=year - 1995
E=plant - Pontiac East MI
128649=sequence #

What part of Pittsburgh you in? I'm in Greensburg.

BTW we all like pics on here.

Last edited:

Euphoria717

Reaction score
Im in Oakdale, out near Robinson Township.....I'll get some pics up

She's not real pretty yet, needs some body work. But I bought it for $1300.00 so I think i still got a good deal.

You must be registered for see images attach

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Welcome!!!!! Looks like you have the foundation for a great project truck!!!

Euphoria717

Reaction score
Hey Sixspeed SS....You're from the pittsburgh area arent you?, I think I remember you from Pittspeed.