New headlights. Maybe hid's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Check out my recent post on sypder hids, if you are set on HIDS with projectors.

For trouble free, nothing extra needed, lights - go with HIRs. It is what I have on now, and you can see the light output in either my build thread or the spyder thread.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I would not use aftermarket projector housings like those. If you want projectors for these trucks, the only way to get nice ones is to build them. There's a few good threads around here. Personally I run Anzo clear housings and regular GE Nighthawk halogens in both of my trucks (with the 4-hi mod) and they're plenty bright for me. I've never been a fan of HID retrofits on vehicles. Just my two cents. Here's what I use.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015PPZMC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you're set on HIDs for some reason though, don't get those. Look for TYC Elegantes or something similar with a glare shield over the low beam bulb. Other drivers will thank you.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
To reinforce what df2x4 said, and to elaborate more on the spyders I purchased:

The Spyders worked, and the light pattern/cuttoff was just as good as any retro I've seen (maybe not as wide) when sitting properly. That said, I had a hell of a time getting them to seal, and gave up. I would not suggest HIDs at this point, as I don't think they are worth the effort, especially considering the light output of HIRs. The headlights I have on now were 29$ on ebay, and perform amazingly. I would not suggest spending $80+ on regular headlights, and you should try to get some with a glare cap if you run HIRs or HIDs.

code

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok. I must be a little behind. What is HIR?

code

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow... and they go in oem housing?

code

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And should I get that 8 of set or spend more for better lights?