New guy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Olson64

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I’m from central WI. When I was 15 I bought my first truck, a 1993 GMC C1500 with a 4.3. I had it repainted but required very little “body work” due to it never being in the salt. I then turned 20, and was way smarter than I am now, and sold the truck. Well, 11 years later, it reappeared for sale and I got her back! After seeing 11 WI winters, the body now needs way more work than it did the first round with it, and Id like too put in a different engine/trans combo. Looking forward to exploring the forum and seeing what others have done!

Attachments

• 9BA24E13-76EC-4AE7-B43E-8363B5AC2FCE.jpeg
    9BA24E13-76EC-4AE7-B43E-8363B5AC2FCE.jpeg
    499.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Olson64

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I take it the chrome rocker guards are hiding rust?
I actually put those on after the truck was painted 15ish years ago, when I bought the truck the 1st time it came out of California, so there was no rust to be found. But the guy that bought it off me drove it year round, it looks fine by the rocker chrome, but cab corners are soft, inside bottle lip of doors is gone and under the fender flares they put on, is pretty soft.