New Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any plans on bags?

umm I would love too... a little to expensive for me right now... Im a welder by trade so I can do all that type of work but the rest is a little over my head.
why you got a cheap setup?

Reaction score
Ehhh... Not really, i will have spent around 4,000 once i order the rest of it.. But since you can already weld good, you could build all your stuff for allot cheaper :)

Reaction score
lol.. a cut off wheel.. a grinder.. and some fiberglass.. And then some evercoat..lol Its not as hard as it may seem. just very itchy.. Its my old steps, just recessed back and the body line cut out and some filler panels i made.. I did a body line, but then seen an truck without it.. They have a kit every now and again on Ebay that has the body line, its thin from what ive heard.. I would not do a kit unless you do it like 1badgmc did his.. I believe if im not mistaken.. he used MarineTex Epoxy to bond his.. But his was a better kit that no longer exist.. (thicker)..

Last edited:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They have a kit every now and again on Ebay that has the body line, its thin from what ive heard.. I would not do a kit unless you do it like 1badgmc did his.. I believe if im not mistaken.. he used MarineTex Epoxy to bond his.. But his was a better kit that no longer exist.. (thicker)..

Right. Mine came from East Coast Customs, but they no longer have any love for the GMT-400 sportsides, the ********. I have heard that the eBay kits are of a thinner built, but I have no first-hand experience to confirm this. But, if you want the kit, that's pretty much your only option as far as I know.

A sportside with a rollpan just doesn't look right unless the steps are shaved. :cool:

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
see idk... i kinda like it with the steps too... we'll see when i get the drop done.... does anyone knowhow this djm stuff is? i had belltech on my last truck and didnt really like it... i bought tubular lower control arms, 2" springs and the rear flip... and im planning on purchasing the tubular upper control arms as well.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
see idk... i kinda like it with the steps too... we'll see when i get the drop done....

With the steps IF the rear bumper is left on. But that's just me. My truck has spent more of its life without steps than with.

does anyone knowhow this djm stuff is? i had belltech on my last truck and didnt really like it... i bought tubular lower control arms, 2" springs and the rear flip... and im planning on purchasing the tubular upper control arms as well.

DJM is good stuff, but it is NOT recommended to run drop springs with the drop lower control arms. You're only suposed to run stock springs with them. I know of a lot of people who have run drop springs with them, myself included, and nearly every single one of them had some serious balljoint issues. Several even let go while driving. I ran 3" DJM arms and 2" Eibach coils for about a good 100,000 miles when my truck was a daily driver. In hindsight, I'd say I was just lucky. I'm the only one that didn't have any troubles with the setup. Everyone else who tried it ended up getting rid of the arms and going with spindles.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the steps IF the rear bumper is left on. But that's just me. My truck has spent more of its life without steps than with.

DJM is good stuff, but it is NOT recommended to run drop springs with the drop lower control arms. You're only suposed to run stock springs with them. I know of a lot of people who have run drop springs with them, myself included, and nearly every single one of them had some serious balljoint issues. Several even let go while driving. I ran 3" DJM arms and 2" Eibach coils for about a good 100,000 miles when my truck was a daily driver. In hindsight, I'd say I was just lucky. I'm the only one that didn't have any troubles with the setup. Everyone else who tried it ended up getting rid of the arms and going with spindles.

this is what i got
http://www.stylintrucks.com/part.as...DJM+Suspension&partfamilyid=3333&partid=12831
it MUST be used with 2" drop springs for an overall 4" in the front.... they do make...
http://www.stylintrucks.com/part.as...DJM+Suspension&partfamilyid=3333&partid=12825
which is for stock springs only for a 2" drop... as well as a
http://www.stylintrucks.com/part.as...DJM+Suspension&partfamilyid=3333&partid=12828
which is for stock springs for a 3" overall drop