New guy in SC Midlands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from North Carolina! This truck wouldn't happen to be the 98 ECSB that was listed on the Charlotte CL for a couple weeks would it?
Also for 454 info, there's a thread started that has some pretty in depth information and tips for performance and maintenance on these old pigs.

RichardSwinger

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome from North Carolina! This truck wouldn't happen to be the 98 ECSB that was listed on the Charlotte CL for a couple weeks would it?
Also for 454 info, there's a thread started that has some pretty in depth information and tips for performance and maintenance on these old pigs.
It probably was! Did you have your eye on it as well? The price was kind of steep but I fell in love with her the moment I saw it. Tomorrow is my first ride to work with it, those deer better watch out!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It probably was! Did you have your eye on it as well? The price was kind of steep but I fell in love with her the moment I saw it. Tomorrow is my first ride to work with it, those deer better watch out!
You must be registered for see images attach

I had in it my bookmarks and checked on it every couple of days; didn't expect to see it here though!
Wouldn't make much sense to have two of the same; mine's a 96 ECSB 454/4L80E as well!

RichardSwinger

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had in it my bookmarks and checked on it every couple of days; didn't expect to see it here though!
Wouldn't make much sense to have two of the same; mine's a 96 ECSB 454/4L80E as well!
Man that's awesome! So you're probably a great resource for questions on this thing! I'm researching a LOT of different stuff but my current focus is the headlights (trying to figure out which replacement housing to get that actually fits and is reliable and clear), and how to go about doing the "4-hi" light mod (looks like there are some kits that are around $30, but there's also a gentleman in here from Colorado I messaged with yesterday that sells an upgraded HD harness that includes the 4-hi mod. It's a little pricy and I know you get what you pay for but I'm trying to approach this truck from a mad max DIY perspective).

Where abouts in NC are you? My wife and I love the smokie mountains/blue ridge area and we try to make it up there as much as possible. I'd love to retire in that area one day if God/life permits.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man that's awesome! So you're probably a great resource for questions on this thing! I'm researching a LOT of different stuff but my current focus is the headlights (trying to figure out which replacement housing to get that actually fits and is reliable and clear), and how to go about doing the "4-hi" light mod (looks like there are some kits that are around $30, but there's also a gentleman in here from Colorado I messaged with yesterday that sells an upgraded HD harness that includes the 4-hi mod. It's a little pricy and I know you get what you pay for but I'm trying to approach this truck from a mad max DIY perspective).

Where abouts in NC are you? My wife and I love the smokie mountains/blue ridge area and we try to make it up there as much as possible. I'd love to retire in that area one day if God/life permits.

I'm around Salisbury/Albemarle area; and there's tons of info on here about headlights and upgrades; I'm even working on a set of the quad beam light buckets for my truck.
Brian's wiring stuff is amazing quality, I've got his Big3 kit on my truck and been meaning to order an HD harness from him but everything keeps getting in the way.