New guy here, 1 ton SAS 2 door tahoe on 44s, Cummins, or turbo LSX?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99hoesas

Reaction score
I vote front driveshaft first
Not gonna bother until the hp60 gets swapped in, and the drive train gets finished, doesn't make sense to get one built, when the tcase doesn't work, and the axle won't be in it much longer

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

99hoesas

Reaction score
thanks!

Anybody interested in the current dana44? Gonna be selling it as soon as the hp60 gets finished up, it has all new ujoints/balljoints,bearings/seals and warn hubs, I just have no use for it i suppose.

And did some thinking overnight, and the cummins is going in it!

99hoesas

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Heres the cummins that will be going in, gotta order an engine stand worthy of holding this fat *****, gonna replace all the gaskets, clean it up and paint it, unsure on color as of right now, also going to take the bolts out one at a time, and install the head studs, ill figure out the twin turbo setup once the motors mocked in the truck to see what kind of room i have, i have a twin turbo kit from my 2001 ram, be interested to see how much of it i can use on the tahoe

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
thanks!

Anybody interested in the current dana44? Gonna be selling it as soon as the hp60 gets finished up, it has all new ujoints/balljoints,bearings/seals and warn hubs, I just have no use for it i suppose.

And did some thinking overnight, and the cummins is going in it!
Where ru located? What gears?

99hoesas

Reaction score
For those interested, i picked up a wrecked yukon XL, so the plan now has changed, going to do an LSx swap, with twin turbos!

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First off nice new ride. But some constructive criticism here. I would spend some time on that drivetrain. The D60 will not stand up to 44" tires with any sort of horsepower under the hood. Mine couldn't even stand up to 44's with the stock 350. Also you said you are going to a HP60. That means you will have the smaller knuckles which are only 5 stud and thinner material. I broke those IMMEDIATELY once I went to 44's. Another problem the 60 is going to have with the 44's is the outer 30 spline stubs will last about ten minutes. I thought I would never go bigger than 40's. I now run 44's and not one part of my D60 is stock other than the housing. Your gonna need 35 sp chromos, Reid, or Crane knuckles, new crossover setup because the kingpin steering arms will be different than that setup you have on the 44 right now, and an upgraded pinion yoke because the HP D60 is only 1310. So Go 1410 there which means you will also need 1410 driveshaft yokes, tcase, etc. your looking at a couple grand right there to run those 44's with any confidence.

I only say this because Ive been there done it and there is no point in throwing huge power at something that will explode on contact. Add a traction bar too because those springs are so huge and there is so much arch in them, once you put serious power to that 14bolt you will have so much axle wrap plan on wasting pinion yokes and u joints. Personally I would lower it about 6-8 inches and cut the fenders. It will still look really good. that's how mine is and looks good. plus it is so much more stable, and way better driveline angles. I can send you some pics if you wanted. Plus then you wont have all those huge drop brackets for the bumpers and body lift stuff and silly huge gaps between the drivetrain and body.

Nothing less than a 5.13 gear is going to get you anywhere with 44's. regardless of the motor. You never said what your intentions were with this thing. If you plan on wheeling it and hitting some mud or rocks and don't want to look like a complete buffoon when it falls apart, I would highly advise taking the above listed advice. If your building it to cruise into the local burger joint and parking lot pound, then I guess it will be fine.