New guy from up north

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diminus

Reaction score
Hey there joined yesterday I'm from chilly labrador up in canada. Picked up a 98 burban as a project to build up for the missus.
I'm new to the 88 to 98 GM trucks n burbs. But I find them pretty easy to work on which makes wrenching on it all the more fun.
I'm a backyard mechanic who when I'm not working I'm either installing lift kits or working on snowmobiles or atvs or whatever someone may swing by my place with.
Currently got a 6" lift thrown in burban. Debating adding the 2" body lift. Threw a cherry bomb extreme muffler on it and dumped it. Filled up tank with gas and fuel pump quit lol. Got a cheap pump from napa for now so as I'm sure you all know they are junk on these trucks. ( I changed a few for people) so rather then kill myself trying to drop a full tank I cut a hatch and made a access point for quick replacement when this pump craps the bed.
I'm having a ball wrenching on this old beast! I'm sure IL be on here looking for advice a fair bit.
I'm a pretty good feller with a wrench but I got no problem asking for input from people more experienced with certain machines and vehicles.
I'm pretty handy with diesel engines too so I'm also willing to try and aid anyone who may have questions!

Put the hatch back in last night for pump. Ended up adding few more fasteners to it after this pic was taken
You must be registered for see images attach

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Be sure to seal that patch from the underside, that's where the rust is gonna start if left alone.

Diminus

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Be sure to seal that patch from the underside, that's where the rust is gonna start if left alone.
Yeah I painted all the bare metal edges from the cutting then gave the underside a good coat of bedliner before placing back down. I cut hatches in every rig I ever had.Easier to hide with trucks though because usually the plastic bed liner just hides it as if it were never there haha