New Guy From Missouri

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name's Chris. Been lurking around on these forums for quite a while but just recently started posting so I figured I'd introduce myself. Proud owner of two GMT400s, both have been in the family since they were new. The first is a '97 Chevy C1500 standard cab long bed in victory red with the 4.3L V6. It was custom ordered by my father from a dealer in Mexico, MO and I was with him when he picked it up. One of the few standard cabs I've seen around here with bucket seats. My mods have been pretty standard. K&N intake, Gibson 3" single exhaust, Pacesetter shorty headers, and removed the restrictive plate on the throttle body blade. A Black Bear tune is in the near-immediate future. Only other thing I've done is add a nice stereo. DLS component sets front and rear with the rear tweeters mounted on the trim above the headrests, powered by semi period-correct 90's Denon amps. 2 Rockford Fosgate shallow P3 12s behind the seats powered by a 90's Lanzar Opti 2500. Deck is a Pioneer DEH-P880PRS with iPod control and XM.

You must be registered for see images attach

Second is a '97 GMC K1500 Suburban in two tone black and gray with the 5.7L V8. It came from a GMC dealer in Columbia and it's got pretty much every option including a factory cold weather package that according to Compnine's VIN lookup is somewhat rare. This was my mom's truck and I rode home in it from the dealer as well. Just put a new set of Bilstein HDs on it, everything else mechanical is bone stock except for standard wear & tear replacements (lighting, etc). Stereo has got Kicker KS components and the same Pioneer deck that's in the truck. No subs yet, still working on the enclosure.

You must be registered for see images attach

This forum has already helped me considerably working on these, and I'm sure it will continue to do so. Thank you all for all the great information!

Last edited:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad to see you have found some help! Look forward to having ya with us.

Tyler/T-Unit