New guy, first time owning this gen truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deve05

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Thank you for having me. I'm a new guy from Apopka Florida. I've always loved chevy trucks and just bought a 1995 c1500 5.7L 2wd in Silverado trim. I've owned several different chevy trucks since I started driving. Yes, I'm pretty young at 23 years old.

My first truck was a 91 S10 with a 2.8 TBI V6. Later on in life I owned a 99 Silverado 1500 5.3 z71, and then an 84 S10 with a 2.8 Isuzu carbed motor. I currently own an 84 C10 Scottsdale that's my project and bought this truck as a daily. I've always liked the body style but at 4-5k around here for any decent samples I've never convinced myself to buy one. I found this truck while shopping for a daily for $1800 because even though it doesn't look too rough there's several things wrong with it.

I shouldn't have much trouble fixing it tho. I've worked as a mechanic since I was 16. I've worked at Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Toyota, and most recently at some Chevy/Cadi/GMC/Buick dealerships. I don't claim to know nearly everything tho, my experience is that forums are always an abundance of knowledge, and due to my age most of my mechanic experience is working on modern multi-port or direct fuel injection vehicles and I have a lot to learn about the older systems.

My goals for this truck are to get it looking like new again, and fix everything that is wrong with it so it can be a reliable daily, and also static drop the truck, as well as add some performance mods to get the power a bit closer to modern standards. Maybe 300-350 hp? I plan on doing so with simple mods like cam, heads, headers, intake, longtubes , and maybe a Holley Dominator. I don't plan on getting too crazy with the mods because my main focus right now is to keep going with my c10 project.

Again thank you for having me, and hope my intro wasn't abusively long. I wanted to give a bit of my background. Looking forward to meeting some cool new car people and learning how to work in this truck.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

deve05

Reaction score
Welcome, Does your truck have the OE TBI or is it carbed already?
Hello, I haven't cracked it open yet tbh. But I'm pretty sure it's still factory tbi. The trucks acts like it has a leaky injector. It stutters on start up and smokes and then stops stuttering and stops smoking within 5-10 seconds. Sounds like it's just going through puddle fuel. So I'm guessing it's a leaky injector.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk